CONDITIONS OF SALES
1. Bidders are required to register prior to the sale at the auction or online through LiveAuctioneers.com and must use the number issued to them when they are the successful bidder .
2. Bob Courtney Auctions has endeavored to accurately describe all items being sold, but all property herein offered for sale is strictly "as is" and is bidder's responsibility, whether bidding in person, by mail, by telephone, or by internet to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in the catalog, bill of sale, invoice, or elsewhere by a representative of, or person in the employ of Bob Courtney Auctions, shall be deemed to be a warranty ,representation , or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition , size, quality, variety, importance, provenance or historical relevance of any of these items.
3. The auctioneer will be the final judge as to which bidder is the highest bidder. In the event of any dispute in this matter, the auctioneer shall at his discretion, decide whether to reopen the bidding.
4. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility for the lot purchased at the "fall of the auctioneers hammer".
5. The buyer must pay Massachusetts sales tax unless a valid resale number is given, with a properly signed and completed resale certificate.
6.All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale.
7. All merchandise must be removed within 10 days after the sale. Any items left after 10 days will be subject to a storage fee.
8. All sales are final.
9. This is a privately owned and operated sale and we reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person.
10. No children will be admitted.
11. There is a 15% buyers premium added to all purchases, 18% buyers premium for LiveAuctioneers clients.
12. No transfer will be recognized from one buyer to another.
13. All sizes are approximate.
14. We reserve the right to withdraw any item prior to the sale .
15. Payment is to be made on the day of the sale. Methods accepted: personal check with letter of credit, bank wire transfer, cashier's check, traveler's check , certified check and cash(In House Only).
16. Winning bids must communicate with Bob Courtney Auctions within 3 days after the auction. Full payment for all bids must be made within 3 days after the auction.
17. In bidding on any lot here offered, the bidder indicates acceptance of these terms.
18. Bob Courtney Auctions conditions of sales have been modified. The terms include an agreement to out of state clients, to ship merchandise at an expense to the purchaser or purchasers designee outside of Massachusetts. Title will pass at point of delivery.
19. Shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer. The seller is willing to assist in supplying names and numbers of experienced antique transporters. Also, the name and numbers of individuals who will ship smaller items via UPS, FedEx, and USPS, according to the buyer's discretion.
Buyer pays shipping, packaging, and insurance costs directly to a common carrier of their choice. Names of reputable antique transporters will be given if requested.